Thursday, October 29, 2009

Hallo-What?


It is Thursday in Pennsylvania. The leaves are quickly soaking off of our trees (lots o rain), and the Philly's just won the first game in the World Series. I sit in my office at VFCC and thank God for the opportunity to train young children's leaders.

I am new to the blogging world so I welcome myself to my new blog. My hope for this blog is that family members, children's workers, and other friends, would be able to keep up with what is happening in the Gruber world.

Halloween is just a couple of days away and we will be setting up a carnival in my front yard again. For ideas on how to do this in your yard go to dickgruber.com and download the free booklet entitled, "Hallo-what?" We will have puppets, grilled hot dogs, and carnival games for the neighborhood kids. Lat year, we served and entertained over 100 boys and girls through this outreach. My college students will be coming out to assist with this and we will have a great time. I want my yard to be the highlight of every kid's night.

That's all for now. Remember that God loves you and you can make a difference in this world by touching the heart of a child.

1 comment: