Friday, February 4, 2011

An Accident is an Accident

Our car is banged up.
4 Kids
Today, I am writing about our accident.  Yesterday, while driving home from the college, we had an accident.  I stopped at a four-way stop and allowed a car to cross in front of me.  I then took my turn and the truck that was behind the car, ran into me.  It was an accident.  It was also kind of upsetting.  I am sure you get upset when somebody plays out of turn or jumps into a line in front of you.  That is kind of how I felt.  The other driver did not wait his turn.  On one hand, I was happy that Darlene and I were not hurt.  On the other hand, I wished it would not have happened at all.  The driver did apologize.  He didn't see me because of a glare form the sun.  He was very sorry he hit us.  I was too.

That's the way it is with accidents.  We call them accidents, because we don't plan on having them.  They just happen, accidently.  One wrong choice and bam!  Rather than getting upset with the other driver, I tried to show him the love of Christ.  That is what we do.  The natural reaction to accidents or others crowding our space is to get anxious or mad.  I breathed, prayed, and spoke in a kind voice.  I even invited the guy to come to church with his family.

I have to admit, our accident was not easy for me.  Now I have to get the car fixed.  I am just glad that God helped me to act and talk like a Christian should act and talk when things do not go as planned.  Remember that the steps of a righteous man are ordered by the Lord.  He is there to guide you when the driving is safe and even when you have an accident.

1 comment:

  1. yikes. glad you are okay. and that you handled it with kindness.

    hope the next phase goes as smooth :) kindness with insurance is a challenge too :)

    ReplyDelete