Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Hallow-what?




Hi. Me again. I wrote two blogs my first day and then forgot that I had this. That's my attention straying...

Did I tell you about Halloween? We had my front yard all set up with a puppet stage and games and the grill. We gave out candy and hot dogs and bottled water. Kids and parents began showing up around 6:00 and by the time it started pouring rain, 7:26, we had served 80 hot dogs and given away over 70 candy bags. I had some great help from about a dozen college students and friends. We had the opportunity to share with a couple of neighbors as their kids watched puppets. It was what I would call a successful night, rain and all.

I know some of you out there lock your doors on October 31, but it is my daughter Rachel's birthday and I want it to be fabulous for the neighborhood kids to honor her and God. By the way, this is the only night of the year that kids come to my house asking for something. I figure I can give them Jesus, put on a party, and make the most of it.

That's about all. Enjoy the pictures. The blue guy is my son, Tim. The Baby is not a puppet.

No comments:

Post a Comment